December 2, 2021: Dr. Chan is Leaving Pearland Pediatrics
It is with regret but gratitude that Pearland Pediatrics and Dr. Shirley Chan-Ramirez are jointly announcing that Dr. Chan is closing this chapter of her career shared with Pearland Pediatrics. She is grateful to have been a part of the Pearland Pediatrics family for the last 9 years, and she thanks you for the privilege of caring for your children. She will be leaving Pearland Pediatrics & Sports Medicine, effective January 14, 2022. You are receiving this letter because your child has had a visit with Dr. Chan in the last two years.
Pearland Pediatrics is available to continue caring for your child(ren). We are a group practice made up of eight other physicians. If your primary care physician is currently Dr. Chan and you would like to choose another physician within our practice for your next visit, we are happy to accommodate you.
Please know that if you choose to see a physician at another location, you may sign a medical release authorization form and return it to Pearland Pediatrics so that we can help you transfer your records to your new doctor. This form can be found on our website under Patient Forms.
Also, if you would like to leave Dr. Chan a review, please visit:
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our Practice Administrator, Laurie Christensen. She can be reached at 281-485-9990.
COVID Update: August 31, 2021
As many of you know, the amount of spread of COVID-19 in our community is very high. Pearland Pediatrics, like most healthcare facilities in our area, are feeling the effects of this increased burden at our clinic. We apologize for the prolonged hold times you may experience when calling our office. We are inundated with calls regarding COVID-19. We are working as quickly as we can to return phone calls and offer appointments in a timely fashion. We typically have over 100 same day appointments available, and right now it is simply not enough to keep up with the volume of patients that need our services. What can you do to help?
- If you need guidance on COVID exposure, isolation, or quarantine days, see our frequently asked questions found under the “Resources” tab on our website and also listed below. Pearland Pediatrics is following the current CDC guidelines regarding these topics.
- If your child tests positive for COVID-19, know they will likely experience cold-like symptoms that can be managed at home. These symptoms may include fever, headache, sore throat, runny nose, diarrhea, fatigue, and body aches. For any child who is ill-appearing, having trouble breathing, chest pain, or prolonged fevers, please call our office for an appointment and further guidance.
- Many of our parents are calling to have their child tested because they have been exposed to COVID-19 or because their child has mild symptoms of COVID-19. Please be aware that many of our local pharmacies have at-home testing that you can purchase (BinaxNOW home antigen test) for around $25 for two tests. We encourage our patients to use these tests when a simple positive or negative COVID-19 test is the only answer you need when determining if it is safe to return to school or work.
- For routine well visits and medication check-ups, please request appointments through the patient portal. Our front office staff will go through these messages and work to get appointments scheduled as soon as possible.
- Do your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes keeping your child at home when they feel sick, immunizing yourselves and your children if you are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask when in public indoor or in crowded outdoor areas, and washing your hands frequently.
For our part, we are still committed to keeping our patients and staff safe in our office. We require anyone two and over be masked and screened for COVID prior to entering the building. Anyone with COVID like symptoms is tested prior to entry, and patients that are COVID positive or exposed are seen via tele-medicine. We are also continuing our regular well visits to ensure children receive the recommended vaccines so they stay well!
COVID Frequently Asked Questions
For Unvaccinated Patients:
For Vaccinated Patients: